Sunday 8 August 2010

My Family

At the end of the day, family is the most important thing in the world for me. And I was so moved to read my son Josh's comments about me in today's Sunday Times.

We were both interviewed for Relative Values where a journalist takes two family members and interviews them separately. Despite our difficult moments over the years, Josh and I both showed our deep love for each other in the interview to the extent of the heading reading My Absolutely Fabulous Mother. I'm off to join him and his family in Edinburgh this week where he is performing his new one-man stand-up show - Josh Howie in Gran Slam - not to be missed if you're going to the Festival.

Meanwhile I spent the weekend with my two adorable little granddaughters Lola Mae and Memphis, who give me so much pleasure and who I just don't see enough as they live in Mallorca where I'm hardly getting to right now. Aged 6 and 3, they come out with such wisdom at times that my mouth falls open. And they are just so cuddly and delicious.

Cooking Sunday lunch for them and my daughter Jessica before they all went off on a camping trip was just so pleasurable - eating outside in my lovely Oxfordshire garden with the sun shining making plans for the future.

My life is blessed and I give thanks every day.

Lots of love
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment